Friday 13 July 2012

Space

Photobucket



I came across this interesting page of pictures showing writer's in their workspaces, it seemed like a good prompt to photograph my desk and show the world the precise location of my torture. 

I don't think that it's entirely important where you write, what I think matters is feeling like it's a sanctuary, a place where you can step away momentarily from the world and create. However, I like being surrounded by books, they can obviously be a great source of inspiration, I also like random things like my Muppet finger puppets and toy Trabant. Pictures are also useful, I like black and white photographs and art postcards, they're something to get lost in while you're thinking. 


The books immediately above the desk are two deep, I ran out of space a long time ago and the phone, it really is a rotary dialler. 



No comments:

Post a Comment